Advance Care Directive DIY Kit
An Advance Care Directive is a legal form that allows people over the age of 18 years to:
- write down their wishes, preferences and instructions for future health care, end of life, living arrangements and personal matters and/or
- appoint one or more Substitute Decision-Makers to make these decisions on their behalf when they are unable to do so themselves.
- This kit is available to download for free at http://www.advancecaredirectives.sa.gov.au/upload/home/Current_ACD_Guide.pdf or to purchase at any of the Service SA Customer Service Centres
- Any Advance Care Directive Form properly filled out and witnessed (in line with the requirements of the Advance Care Directive Act 2013) is still legally valid
- An Advance Care Directive cannot be used to make financial decisions. An Enduring Power of Attorney should be used for financial decisions.
- The new Advance Care Directives replaces the existing Enduring Power of Guardianship, Medical Power of Attorney and Anticipatory Direction with a single form.
- The DIY Kit includes the Advance Care Directive Form and a step-by-step guide that gives you everything you need to know to complete your own Advance Care Directive Form. This includes example statements, information for Substitute Decision-Makers, Witnesses and Interpreters, fact sheets and other resources.
You might also like